- Call for Fab Lab Student Operators – 2023
- Intra-University Innovative Idea & Project Competition (IUIIPC)
- Call for FabLab Student Operators-2021
- Workshop on “Cutting Edge Fabrication Facilities” held on 3rd July at Fablab KUET
- A workshop on “Digital Fabrication Facilities for Advance Research” was successfully held at FABLAB KUET on 14th of May, 2018
Multi-disciplinary Fabrication Laboratory in KUET was formed in 2017 under Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP) for Transforming Innovative Ideas from Mind to Market to facilitate and support the growth of the international fab lab network as well as the development of regional capacity-building organizations. The Fab Foundation is a US non-profit organization that emerged from MIT’s Center for Bits & Atoms Fab Lab Program. Our mission is to provide access to the tools, the knowledge and the financial means to educate, innovate and invent using technology and digital fabrication to allow anyone to make (almost) anything, and thereby creating opportunities to improve lives and livelihoods around the world. Community organizations, educational institutions and non-profit concerns are our primary beneficiaries. The approved budget for FabLab KUET is 1 core and 60 Lac BDT. UBITRIX BD Ltd is the partner company of FabLab KUET. The core capacity of Fab Lab will be developed through the procurement of basic equipment such as 3D printer, CNC milling machine, Laser cutter, electrical and electronics appliances etc. The training and operational manual of these equipment will be prepared to foster the access of Fab Lab for the innovators. The Fab Lab will assist the university students to enrich their technical skill and to accelerate the passion for doing something new for the community.